What are the Steps to Accreditation?
Current fees associated with accreditation:
- Application (includes one program): $2,660
- Additional fee per program: $530
- Self-Study Report (review and approval process, per program): $225
- Visit Fee to be paid prior to Visit (includes one program): $1,900
- Additional fee per program: $200
- Charge for each off-campus location to be visited: $200
- Deposit for team travel expenses: $3,000
- Interim Report Fee (not involving a visit): $350
- The institution must be a member of AABI to be eligible for accreditation.
- The institution submits an application (Form 202), application fee, three copies of school catalog, three copies of the aviation program curriculum, and three copies of the course descriptions for all aviation courses.
- Executive Director reviews application documents and submits copies to Accreditation Committee Chair for review.
- Accreditation Committee Chair determines the institution's status (full self study, additional information requiired, or denied).
- Chair of the Accreditation Committee notifies Executive Director of the decision regarding candidate status.
- Executive Director notifies the institution, by letter, advising of status. If approved for full study, enclose Form 201 (Accreditation Criteria Manual) and Form 204 (Outline for a Self-Study Report). If denied, advise institution of reasons for denial.
- Institution completes Self-Study (6 - 9 month process). Self-Study should be completed in one academic year.
- Institution submits two hard copies of Self-Study Report to AABI office, as well as one electronic copy. One copy will be sent to the Accreditation Committee chairperson. If the institution has had a catalog change at any time since submission of their application, three copies of the new catalog should also be submitted.
- Executive Director mails a copy of the Self-Study (and new catalog, if applicable) to the Accreditation Committee Chair for review.
- Accreditation Committee Chair advises the Executive Director if the Self-Study Report is complete. For institutions conducting preliminary self studies, the institution will be given a preliminary evaluation of the status of its program in relation to the AABI Standards.
The Following Apply to Institutions with Full Self-Studies: <next>
Aviation Accreditation Board International
3410 Skyway Drive,
Auburn, AL USA 36830
Phone (334) 844-2431
Fax (334) 844-2432
1445 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West
Montreal, Quebec, CA H3G 1M8
Phone (514)848-2424 Ext. 4165